Stage 4 Roadmap to Easing Restrictions
COVID-19 quick reference points for museums and galleries
Museums & Galleries Queensland is working with Arts Queensland and Queensland Health to develop a COVID Industry Plan, which we hope to have in the place by the end of the year.
In the interim, below is a quick reference of key actions to follow regarding safe practices in your museum or gallery:
1. To reopen, it is recommended you have a COVID-19 Safety Plan. This plan is internal and does not have to be submitted to the Queensland Government.
2. Ask visitors and workers to stay at home if they are sick, and to go home immediately if they become unwell.
3. Record contact information for all visitors, workers and contractors, including name, email address and mobile phone number and retain for a period of 56 days.
4. Maintain a safe physical distance of 1 person per 4 square metres in your venue. The 1 person per 2 square metres rule applies to outdoor areas only.
5. Clearly communicate and display your COVID-19 health and safety protocols and conditions of entry.
6. Increase your cleaning schedule to sanitise regularly-used objects and surfaces.
7. Remove or disable interactive elements such as touch tables and screens or apply a suitable barrier to this type of equipment that can be cleaned between usages.
8. Guests can now stand whilst eating and drinking, both indoors and outdoors, where the venue is operating under a COVID Safe Event Plan or Event Checklist. Self-serve / buffet-style food service is not allowed. Food must be served to guests.
9. When students leave their school and visit your venue for an excursion, they are required to adhere to social distancing rules.
10. If your museum or gallery has a café or food business, you are required to have a COVID Safe Checklist: Dining and drinking.
M&G QLD will regularly update information when it becomes available.
Click here to view the roadmap.
The following resources below have been developed by M&G QLD to assist our sector in responding to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Safety Plan – Resource
To reopen, it is recommended that museums and galleries have a COVID-19 Safety Plan that details how your organisation will reopen responsibly and comply with Government and public health authority guidelines, physical distancing and containment measures.
M&G QLD has prepared this resource and checklist to guide you in this process with the aim of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting your staff, volunteers and visitors against infection.
- School excursions
- Interstate travel restrictions
Resource updated: August 2020
COVID-19: Information, Resources & Support
COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving, unprecedented situation. To keep you up-to-date, Museums & Galleries Queensland has prepared the following resources to support our sector through this challenging time.
Above all, we encourage you to take care of yourselves and those around you by observing social distancing, staying informed and adhering to the recommended health and safety measures.
- Available funding
- Visitor recording and research
- Virtual gallery software
Resource updated: August 2020
Need further support?
M&G QLD is here to support you through COVID-19. Get in touch with us if you have any further questions or queries.
Phone: 07 3059 9740