FREE Skill Development Workshops
Venue: Gayndah Arts and Cultural Centre, 34 Meson Street, Gayndah
Collection Management - Saturday 11 May with Lisa Jones
- Collection management policies
- The principles of good collection documentation practice: cataloguing materials; object numbering systems; storage systems
- Assessing the significance of objects
- Object accessioning & numbering practice.
Preventive Conservation - Saturday 22 June with Lydia Egunnike
- Preservation planning
- Identifying and preventing deterioration and damage: Chemical and physical structure of objects; External and internal environmental factors; Biological factors (including use of Integrated Pest Management); Collection handling and use
- Storage furniture and object enclosure selection: Selecting materials and design; Simple DIY enclosures; Creating a safe display environment; Object supports: materials and design.
Disaster Preparedness and Recovery - Saturday 27 July with Christine Ianna
- Effective Preparedness & Planning
- Prevention & Mitigation: Risk assessment- extent & likelihood; Housekeeping, maintenance, security, planning
- Develop a Disaster Plan: What information do you have already? Recovery kit; Useful resources
- Response & Recovery
- Salvage Exercise.
M&GSQ Skill Development Workshop Series - Burnett Region has been awarded a federal Community Heritage Grant.
Community Heritage Grants are jointly funded and supported by the National Library of Australia, the Department of Regional Australia, Local government, Arts and Sport; the National Archives of Australia, the National Film and Sound Archive and the National Museum of Australia.
M&GSQ also acknowledges the support of the North Burnett Regional Council for these workshops.