When: Thursday 1 August from 12.30pm-5pm
Where: Brisbane City Hall
With the enthusiastic co-operation of Museum of Brisbane, M&GSQ presented a constructive exhibition critique of one of the re-opening exhibitions, The River: A History of Brisbane.
Participants had the opportunity to:
- View the exhibition on a self-guided visit
- Hear three museum professionals review their visit experience
- Learn about the exhibition's development from the perspective of Museum of Brisbane team
- Ask questions and express your viewpoint in the panel and audience discussion
- Network over afternoon tea and post event refreshments.
Spokespeople for Museum of Brisbane's perspective:
- Peter Denham, Director Museum of Brisbane
- Christopher Salter, Deputy Director Museum of Brisbane
- Leanne Kelly, Program Manager Museum of Brisbane
- Andrew Moritz, Director Workshops Rail Museum, Member of Queensland Museum Executive Management Team
- Dr Caroline Butler-Bowdon, Assistant Director Creative Services, Sydney Living Museums
- Georgia Rouette, Manager, Exhibition Services, Museums Australia Victoria