When: 17-18 September 2013, 9am - 4pm
Where: Access Studio, Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery, Corner Barolin Street and Quay Street, Bundaberg
This annual workshop aims to increase participants' capacity to secure funding by providing opportunities to:
- Speak face-to-face with funding bodies
- Learn about alternate sources of funding including philanthropy
- Hear studies of successful partnerships and funding applications
- Find the right source of funds for your projects
- Get your budget right and improve your funding application skills
- Margaret Thompson - Community Heritage Grants, National Library of Australia
- Jenny Gilbertson - RADF Liaison Officer, Bundaberg Regional Council
- Linda Dreghorn - Grants Support Officer, Arts Queensland
- Kathy Davis - Philanthropy and Development Consultant (read her bio here)
- Debra Beattie - General Manager, M&GSQ
- Deb Mostert - Arts Queensland Culture Champion
- Shelly Pisani - Creative Regions
- Stewart Armstrong - CEO, National Trust Queensland
Previous workshop participants share what they took away from their experience:
- "The high level of organisation, the resource folder, the generosity of the speakers, the warmth of the M&GSQ staff and the depth and quality of the information. The case studies were good."
- "Understanding, great connection and confidence. Inspiration. Fantastic application pack!"
- "The confidence to have a go at writing a great funding application!"
- "Detailed insights into how different funding bodies operate and what to address when making a grant application."
- "Workshop presenters were very good and practical exercises were a great help."
- "Confidence to tackle tasks, especially budgeting."
- "Lots of ideas as to how to attract grants and sponsorships."