Museums and Galleries Queensland celebrated the Winners and Finalists in the 2015 GAMAA.
The Winners were announced at a presentation event on 19 November 2015, generously supported by The University of Queensland Art Museum.
M&G QLD congratulates the Winners and Finalists in the following categories (click on name to find out more about the nomination):
Projects: Organisations with Paid Staff
WINNER: University of the Sunshine Coast and Blue Sky View for East Coast Encounter
- Museum of Brisbane for Costumes from the Golden Age of Hollywood
- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum for Napoleon's Last Gamble
- Torres Strait Regional Authority, Gab Titui Cultural Centre for Evolution: Torres Strait Masks
Engagement: Organisations with Paid Staff
WINNER: North Stradbroke Island Historical Museum for Stradbroke 100: Remembering North Stradbroke Islanders Overseas and at Home during the First World War
- Old Government House for The Voice in the Walls theatre project at Old Government House
- Sunshine Coast Council, Caloundra Regional Gallery for Sunshine Coast Satellite Reef
Individuals: Paid Staff
JOINT WINNER: Karina Devine, Gallery Director, Warwick Art Gallery
JOINT WINNER: Tony Martin, CEO, Qantas Founders Museum, Longreach
- Shane Fitzgerald, Manager Gallery Services, Townsville City Council
- Geraldine Mate, Senior Curator Transport and Energy, Queensland Museum Network | The Workshops Rail Museum
Projects: Organisations Volunteer Run
WINNER: Tablelands Heritage Network (THeN) for Anzac Treasures of the Tablelands
Banner image above: GAMAA trophies on display at the Museum of Brisbane in November 2013. The GAMAA trophies are commissioned from a different Queensland artist/designer each year, through the generous sponsorship of Brian Tucker Accounting.
L-R back row: Lucas Salton, Craig Flood, Julie Shepherd, Joanna Bone.
L-R front row: Marc Harrison, Matt Dwyer, Elizabeth Shaw and Nick Ashby, Glen Skien, Donna Marcus. Photo: Chelsea Sipthorp.