Thursday 24 November, 3pm-5pm
Seminar Room, Level 6, Building Z9, QUT Creative Industries Precinct, Cnr Musk Ave and Gona Parade, Kelvin Grove
The event had two parts:
Part A – Post Graduate pathways:
- Dr Courtney Pedersen, Senior Lecturer, School of Media, Entertainment and the Creative Arts, Creative Industries, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr Andrew Sneddon, Director, University of Queensland Culture and Heritage Unit
Part B – Personal pathways:
The following presenters talked about their personal pathway to gaining paid employment in the sector:
- Phil Manning, Curator, Museum of Brisbane
- Lisa Bryan-Brown, Independent Curator & Collections Officer (Registrar), Griffith Artworks
- Emma Bain, Director (Exhibitions & Programs), Redland Art Gallery
- Megan Williams, Manager, Art Gallery, University of the Sunshine Coast
The event was followed by the launch of Museums Galleries Australia Emerging Professionals Network in Queensland and networking over refreshments.
This event was supported by QUT Creative Industries.