Revitalising Your Volunteer Program Workshop
About the event
Date: Thursday 23 September 2021, 10am-4pm
Location: Mundubbera Shire Hall, Supper Room, 26 Lyons St, Mundubbera
M&G QLD is presenting a free workshop focusing on revitalising your volunteer program with Mark Creyton. There will be a specific focus on the unique opportunities and challenges of volunteer engagement in museums and galleries. Mark will be further exploring the approach he developed in the handbook, Willing & Able.
Mark will present on the changing nature of volunteering, the importance of providing experience and how to manage volunteers in contemporary times. He will also ensure the program is grounded in the critical fundamentals.
The workshop will focus on how to revitalise a volunteer program in five stages:
- Review and reflect through understanding what’s happening out there reviewing program fundamentals and developing a unique story to promote engagement.
- Create possibilities by designing experiences, exploring fresh recruitment options and working towards small wins.
- Begin with the end in mind through developing memorable connections and matching work to motivations.
- Create a great program by building belonging, rethinking values and supporting initiative.
- Review and strengthen with a focus on managing problems directly, evaluation and building succession.
About Mark Creyton
Mark Creyton has extensive experience in developing and enhancing volunteer programs in a variety of sectors and has taken an active role in national research programs for Volunteering Australia and the new National Standards for Volunteer Involvement.
He was Education and Research Director for Volunteering Queensland for many years and has worked with over 15,000 community groups and initiatives.
To book your place, contact Tara Callaghan, Training & Professional Development Manager, M&G QLD on 07 3059 9742 or email [email protected]