Each year, Museums & Galleries Queensland (M&G QLD) collects statistics from the 400+ public galleries and museums across the State. M&G QLD uses these statistics for a number of purposes:
- To build a ‘snapshot’ of visitation trends across regions;
- To analyse trends between groups of galleries and museums – e.g. small, medium, large;
- To compare these trends from year to year;
- To allow M&G QLD to build an accurate picture of the sector to inform our current and future programs, services, policies and directions — to better service Queensland galleries and museums;
- To advocate to all levels of government about the value of museums and galleries locally, state-wide and nationally – e.g. as vital institutions within their communities, as tourism destinations within the State, etc.
Disclaimer: Statistics are presented in aggregate form for the purposes outlined above – M&G QLD does not make public statistics from any individual organisation. While every effort is made to collect the most accurate data annually, the number of survey respondents varies from year to year.
If you have any questions about the survey or M&G QLD’s use of this data, please contact Melissa Fletcher, Information Officer, on 07 3059 9740, freecall 1800 866 101 or email email@example.com