- 141 Murilla St, Miles, QLD 4415
- Postal address
- PO Box 125, Miles, QLD 4415
- Opening hours
- Mon-Sun 8am-5pm
- Adults: $10; Secondary Students: $4; Primary Students: $3; Family (2 adults, 2 children): $20
The Miles Historical Village was officially opened in 1971, and over the years has developed into one of the premier tourist attractions within the region: a place for connecting to memories of early 1900’s rural lifestyle. There are currently over 35 buildings in a streetscape with amazing collections and links to a bygone era…if you remember it, we have it!
Featured original buildings include the Hippong Slab Hut Homestead from just north of Miles, a property whose name is derived from an early Chinese shepherd, Hip Pong, and the Columboola Hall, Dalwogan Railway Siding, Andersen’s Smithy, Jimbour CWA, Village School, Dairy, Gaol, Dulacca Presbyterian Church and the Australian Bank of Commerce. Recreated buildings in the streetscape include The Red Rose Café, a replica of the first Greek café built in Miles in 1925, the boot maker, union hotel, hospital, butcher, barber shop, laundry, garage, post office, bakery and printery – The Murilla Express.
Other significant collections displayed include: