Mental Health & Wellbeing Essentials Workshop
About the event
M&G QLD is running a free Mental Health & Wellbeing Essentials Workshop in February 2023 in the following local government areas: Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Southern Downs.
Presenter: Lucy Harrington, Principal Master Trainer with Mental Health First Aid Australia
The workshop will provide an overview for staff and volunteers on their own wellbeing, and strategies to help others including:
- Information and examples about common types of mental illness across the lifespan
- How to identify early signs of mental health problems and how to speak with someone in a supportive and appropriate way about their mental health and wellbeing
- Options for accessing further assistance
- Self-care strategies for personal resilience
M&G QLD’s Mental Health & Wellbeing Essentials Workshop will be held:
- Thursday 16 February 2023, 9:30am – 4:30pm, at Somerset Civic Centre, 35 Esk Hampton Rd, Esk, QLD 4312
- Friday 17 February 2023, 9:30am – 4:30pm, at Lockyer Valley Cultural Centre, 34 Lake Apex Dr, Gatton, QLD 4343
- Thursday 23 February 2023, 9:00am – 3:30pm, at The Centre, Beaudesert, 82 Brisbane St, Beaudesert, QLD 4285
- Friday 24 February 2023, 9:30am – 4:30pm, at Queensland College of Wine Tourism, 22 Caves Rd, Stanthorpe, QLD 4380
Numbers are limited so please RSVP by clicking the link below or contacting us on:
(07) 3059 9742. Lunch will be provided.
About the Presenter
Lucy is the founder of The Wholistic Being; a business that specialises in providing mental health, suicide prevention and wellbeing training as well as consultation services in this space. Lucy’s experience spans over a decade with both personal and professional experience, enabling her to provide high quality services for organisations big and small. Lucy has provided consultation and training services to organisations such as Youi Insurance, Local Governments, Ronald McDonald House, Not-for-Profits and many others to ensure mentally healthy environments at work, home and in our communities.
Lucy is a Principal Master Trainer with Mental Health First Aid Australia, has her degree in Business Management as well as additional qualifications in Mental Health Practice. Lucy is passionate about mental health literacy, education and awareness and feels very privileged to do this work and meet others who share her passion.
This is the first workshop in M&G QLD’s Museum and Gallery Recovery and Preparedness Workshop Series being delivered throughout 2023 in the Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Southern Downs local government regions. Aimed at staff and volunteers from public museums, galleries and their communities, the Series includes six workshops covering Mental Health & Wellbeing, Collection Management, Digitisation & Access, Disaster Preparedness, Contemporary Collecting, and Volunteer Program Revitalising.
This project is supported by The Australian Government through its Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program.
Please subscribe to M&G QLD’s eNewsletter below to receive further information and notifications for these workshops.