Museums & Galleries Queensland has compiled a list of grant opportunities available for museums, galleries and other cultural organisations in Queensland.
Click on each Category below to download a PDF of available grants.
Documents updated: 20 October 2020
The grants are organised into the following categories with examples of activities each category could fund:
- Capital Works » - upgrades to infrastructure; construction of new buildings; facility and accessibility improvements.
- Collections » - acquisition/purchase of significant objects; conservation and preservation; interpretation; collection documentation and storage; significance assessment; collection research.
- Disaster Relief » - support to areas affected by a natural disaster including equipment, infrastructure, etc; disaster preparedness.
- Equipment » - equipment purchase or hire; renewable energy and sustainability.
- Indigenous Programs » - indigenous engagement projects; cultural activities and programs; career development; travel and accommodation costs.
- Operational Costs » - staffing; administrative costs.
- Professional Development » - attendance to workshops, seminars and conferences; training; hire of consultants and speakers.
- Project Work » - exhibitions, including touring exhibitions; public programs and community events; collection projects; crowdfunding.
This listing does not include: awards, prizes, or scholarships; sponsorship opportunities; or funding for for-profit businesses.
These resources are intended as a starting point only and do not necessarily represent all levels of funding available to any particular group. This information is also subject to change. Grant seekers should check the funding body's website for updated information and submission dates and speak to the contact officer before applying.